The name of this organization will be the CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION.
The purpose and function of this association will be
1. To promote modern beekeeping methods.
2. To promote brotherhood and fellowship among beekeeping affairs.
3. To act in the interest of beekeepers in protection and carrying on beekeeping affairs.
4. To operate as a non-profit association and to aid members in cooperative and mutually-beneficial beekeeping methods.
Any person who is a beekeeper or who is interested in beekeeping may be admitted to full membership by payment of dues. Any person may be elected to honorary membership in this association by a two thirds vote at any regular meeting.
The general management of this association is vested in the officers of the association.
1. The President is the Chairman of the Proceedings and the Secretary records the proceedings.
2. Meetings of the Board may be called by the Secretary on request of the President or any group of members consisting of ten per cent of the membership.
3. A majority of the officers present at any called Board meeting shall constitute a quorum
1. The annual dues for membership in this association shall be established by the membership at the November meeting
2. The membership year shall be the calendar year from January 1 through December 31.
3. Dues are due for the current year as of January 1.
4. Any member whose dues for the current year are not paid by March 1 will be dropped from membership.
1. The officers of this association shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, to be elected annually by the membership in November.
2. The board will include the above officers, plus the immediate past president.and three elected directors.
3. The President of this association may not serve more that two (2) successive one (1) year terms.
4. The association will be governed by Robert’s Rules of Parliamentary Procedure.
The officers of this association shall consititute a commitee to select subjects for discussion and to arrange for speakers, to arrange programs for the meetings to give publicity to all arrangements made for the instruction and entertainment of the members and they are empowered to appoint commitees as needed.
By the September meeting, the President will appoint a Nominating Committee to prepare a slate of officers and directors to be presented at the November meeting. Further nominations may be made from the floor.
This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the membership at any regular meeting or at any special meeting called for that purpose.
The officers and directors of this association will be elected by a ballot of the membership present at the November meeting, a majority of votes cast being required to elect.
The duty of the President shall be to act as presiding officer at meetings of the association, and at meetings of the Board, to sign all documents requiring official signature, and any other duties usually required of the presiding officer.
The duties of the Vice-President are to act, with full power in the absence of the President, and to head the Program Committee.
The Secretary will keep proper records of all meetings and transactions of the association and its Board meetings, and will issue notices of meetings.
The Treasurer will be the custodian of the association funds.
The Treasurer will receive and receipt for membership dues.
The Treasurer will make a statement of the association accounts showing balance on hand at each meeting.
The Treasurer will, up to the amount of the association funds on deposit, honor drafts made by the Secretary at the request of the Board of the Association, at its normal meetings.
Regular meetings will be held the second Monday of every other month, ie, January, March, May, July, September, and November.
The meetings of the association will normally be conducted in the following order:
1. Call to order 5. Old Business
2. Invocation 6. New Business
3. Secretary’s Report 7. Program
4. Treasurer’s Report 8. Adjournment
The By-Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members present at any regular meeting.
HELP! Swarms & Bee Rescue
BECOME A MEMBER!
PRINT out an APPLICATION HERE
Here is a handy link:
QUICK LINK TO SWARM LURE RECIPE!!!
SPRING is here, get those Honey Supers ready!
(see below for specifics about our alternating locations)
LOOKING AHEAD-MEETINGS IN 2017:
April 10 - Oxbow
May 8 - Ga. Extension Service
June 12 - Oxbow
July 10 - Ga. Extension Service
August 14 Oxbow
September 10 - CVBA Picnic at Betty Beegle's Farm
October 9 - Ga. Extension Service
November 13 - Oxbow
December 11 - CVBA Christmas Social at Ga. Extension Office
All dates except the picnic begin at 6PM and end (hopefully) before 8PM.
All of our meetings are on the second Monday of the month, except, of course, September's annual picnic. Now you can put us on your calendar early and plan out your entire year of beekeeping meetings. These meetings alternate locations between Oxbow Meadows Environmental Learning Center, 3535 South Lumpkin Rd., Columbus, GA and the UGA Cooperative Extension office - 420 10th Street in Columbus, GA. Time is 6:00 PM
Becoming a member of our Beekeepers Association is easy! CVBA-MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- Observation Hive Donated at Meeting
- Nucs at Night
- March 2017 – Paul’s Newsletter
- February 2017 – Paul’s Newsletter
- Beekeeping Spring Course Outline -2017
Nucs Arrive 2017
Varroa Mite Test
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012